Verify at coursera.org/verify/6UHY8R64Q54H
Starting from a history of machine learning, we discuss why neural networks today perform so well in a variety of problems. We then discuss how to set up a supervised learning problem and find a good solution using gradient descent. This involves creating datasets that permit generalization; we talk about methods of doing so in a repeatable way that supports experimentation.
- Identify why deep learning is currently popular
- Optimize and evaluate models using loss functions and performance metrics
- Mitigate common problems that arise in machine learning
- Create repeatable and scalable training, evaluation, and test datasets
- Practical ML
- Generalization and Sampling